End of my term

CAR News and Notifications.

Moderators: Translation, Executive

Greg Dietlein

End of my term

Post by Greg Dietlein »

Greetings everyone,

This February 28 marks my last day as president of the CAR/ACF. I am pleased to say that I have the honour of being able to pass the baton to an excellent team. Tim Rempel, Shane Weatherill and David Buhler are all long time members of our community. Each of them have been involved in organizing launches, participating in CAR/ACF operations and management at a variety of levels. It would be a great challenge to find a more experienced team. I want to express my support and best wishes to our new executive.

I would also like to express my appreciation to all those people who have helped with so many of the tasks that we have undertaken. This includes regional directors, appointed committee leaders and members and special committee participants. While the full list is too long to list, I would like to mention a few of the people who have worked above and beyond that expected of a volunteer.

First and foremost, Art Mackie. Despite surviving a horrific and near fatal car accident, Art completed his term. He helped us to keep the ball rolling and my gratitude is greater than words could ever say. Thank you Art.

Yves Dufour. We are a bilingual nation. If the CAR/ACF is truly a national organization, we must serve our members in both languages. I cannot count the number of times I asked Yves for a fast translation in order to make an important date. Yves NEVER let me down. His work has helped us become who we are today. Thank you Yves.

David Buhler. David joined the executive at a challenging time. I would not venture to guess how many hours David has dedicated to our organization. He has raised us to a higher level in a number of areas and has remained for another term and will surely continue his outstanding work. Thank you David.

Bill Daigle. Bill has always shared his honest views on any matters we discussed. His love for and dedication to rocketry along with his carefully considered views made us stronger than his modesty would ever admit. Thank you Bill.

André Choquette. André has been a strong supporter in much of what we have done over that past number of years. Two things in particular was his help in getting bilingualism underway as well as helping in matters beyond that of Quebec's Regional Representative. Thank you André.

And last but not least, my own family. My sons David (S586) and Christopher (S587) as well as my wife Sue (S789 L3), who have been so supportive and helped in countless ways. Thank you Sue, David and Christopher.

All the best to everyone. Fly well.

Greg Dietlein
CAR/ACF S585

Salutations à tous,

Le 28 février marque mon dernier jour en tant que président de la CAR / ACF. Je suis heureux de dire que j'ai l'honneur de pouvoir passer le flambeau à une excellente équipe. Tim Rempel, Shane Weatherill et David Buhler sont tous membres de longue date de notre communauté. Chacun d’entre eux a participé à l’organisation de lancements, aux opérations et à la gestion du CAR / ACF à différents niveaux. Ce serait un grand défi de trouver une équipe plus expérimentée. Je souhaite exprimer mon soutien et mes meilleurs voeux à notre nouvel exécutif.

Je tiens également à exprimer mes remerciements à toutes les personnes qui ont contribué à un si grand nombre des tâches que nous avons entreprises. Cela inclut les directeurs régionaux, les directeurs et membres de comité nommés et les membres des comités spéciaux. Bien que la liste complète soit trop longue, je voudrais mentionner quelques-unes des personnes qui ont travaillé au-delà de ce que l'on attend d'un bénévole.

D'abord et avant tout, Art Mackie. Bien qu'il ait survécu à un horrible et presque fatal accident de voiture, Art a terminé son mandat. Il nous a aidés à garder le cap et notre gratitude est plus grande que les mots ne pourraient jamais l'exprimer. Merci Art.

Yves Dufour. Nous sommes une nation bilingue. Si le CAR / ACF est vraiment une organisation nationale, nous devons servir nos membres dans les deux langues. Je ne peux pas compter le nombre de fois où j'ai demandé à Yves une traduction rapide afin de rencontrer une date importante. Yves ne m'a jamais laissé tomber. Son travail nous a aidé à devenir ce que nous sommes aujourd'hui. Merci Yves.

David Buhler. David a rejoint l'exécutif à un moment difficile. Je n’ose pas imaginer le nombre d’heures consacrées par David à notre organisation. Il nous a élevé à un niveau supérieur dans un certain nombre de domaines et est resté pour un autre mandat et poursuivra sûrement son travail exceptionnel. Merci David.

Bill Daigle. Bill a toujours partagé ses opinions honnêtes sur toutes les questions dont nous avons discuté. Son amour et son dévouement pour la fuséonautique, ainsi que ses vues soigneusement étudiées, nous ont rendus plus forts que sa modestie ne l’avouerait jamais. Merci Bill.

André Choquette. André a été un fervent partisan de la plupart de nos réalisations au cours des dernières années. Deux choses en particulier, son aide dans la mise en route du bilinguisme ainsi que dans des domaines autres que ceux du représentant régional du Québec. Merci André.

Et le dernier mais non le moindre, ma propre famille. Mes fils David (S586) et Christopher (S587) ainsi que ma femme Sue (S789 L3), qui nous ont beaucoup soutenus et aidés de nombreuses façons. Merci Sue, David et Christopher.

Tout le meilleur à tous. Volez bien.

Greg Dietlein
CAR/ACF S585