Involved in Model rocket activity since 1970, High Power since 1989, Tripoli HP certified September 1989.
1972-1982 CAR MR Competition
1989 Resurrected the Calgary Rocketry Association, with the membership of the CRA proposed the development of HP in Canada
RSO /Meet Director Sullivan Lake 1 thru 7 1993-2000.
CAR Chairman 1994-1997(8?)
CRA Chairman 1989- 1995(6?)
Contest Director CARNAT 1981, 2002
Contest Director SAM 1-3, SAM 77-81, SAM 2004-2008
Currently CAR MR Director
Primary Focus for Alberta CAR representative
- Encourage interclub communication
- Foster the development of more model rocket activity in the province
- Encourage the growth of Model Rocket Competition in Alberta and by extension Canada.
- Currently working with Calgary Telus Science center on a repeat of the successful MR Workshop from August 2008, hope to expand program into support for the CRA, mainly in accessing launch sites with in the Calgary City limits.
- Provide Support for ongoing High Power Activity in Alberta, i.e. the administration of level competence testing.
- Encourage more active HP activity in Alberta
Ron's first foray into rocketing happened while accompanying his wife to the wedding cake hobby shop... they had rockets! Since building wedding cakes was not Ron's best skill, he chose to go home with a low power rocket kit. And it went from there. Ron tests software for a telecommunications company, that also has things to do with rockets, missiles to be more correct. He is currently the Vice President of the Calgary Rocketry Association, and delves into keeping the high power events portion the website up to date. Ron is an enthusiastic supporter of various rocket events throughout Alberta, including Fire and Ice, SAM, Hanna, Rock Lake, Sullivan lake, Fall Fire, and througout the year model activities in the Calgary area.
As a level four RI three rocketeer he brings a wealth of experience to CAR, including the usual number of crashes required to get there.