Financial Update

CAR News and Notifications.

Moderators: Translation, Executive

Tim Rempel

Financial Update

Post by Tim Rempel »

As a function of the Treasurer position I would periodically like to provide an update to the membership on the financial status of the Association. This is to provide full disclosure to all members so that no misconception can occur.

Summary
I have been in the Secretary/Treasurer position since January 1st, 2009. I am happy to say that the Art Mackie, the previous Secretary/Treasurer, kept very good records and has transferred all the files to my possession. Some of the things that have been changed are:
  • We have changed our Bank from TD Canada Trust to RBC. This was done after some frustrations during Art’s tenure as well as difficulty in changing the contact names on the account. It was easier to change institutions than to change the names.
  • We were finally able to change the contact names with Moneris, our credit card processor, so that members of the current Executive now control the account.
Bank Balance
Approximately $1200 in TD account (to be transferred to RBC account ASAP)
$19,589.00 in RBC account as of June 5th statement.

Accounts payable none.

Expenses paid since June 5th, 2009.
$1306.75 Thomas Raithby. Expenses for MC2.
$622.11 Art Mackie. Expenses for membership processing and Sport Rocketry mailout.
$361.78 Tim Rempel. Member ship processing and Sport Rocketry mailout.

Deposits since June 5th, 2009
$220.24 June 24th

Accounts Receivable
$1306.75 due from CTI for MC2.

As always, if anyone has any questions in regard to finances or with membership processing, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.