CARWeb Status - February 25, 2010

Technical Notifications and Questions
Shane Weatherill

CARWeb Status - February 25, 2010

Post by Shane Weatherill »

CARWeb is back online after some downtime for a server upgrade. If anyone notices anything amiss, please let me know.
Ron Veale

Post by Ron Veale »

Not sure if there is a thread already generated that this question falls under. Doing it here for now...

If a new thread is generated, do all members of the group it resides (members, board) get notified automatically?

1) the hp records thread, I stumbled onto it.
2) Angelo seems to announce new threads
3) Brad's new thread about affiliated clubs, stumbled onto it.

Or do we regularly look for yellow folders.
Greg Varga

Post by Greg Varga »

Shane has told me that you only get notice's in your email about topics that you have already joined and that he couldn't get it to send an email on any topic that's been updated.

I've wanted that feature from the start because most of the time I don't have time to (or remember to) check the forum's.

Case in point... My desktop needed a reinstall, so I did that about 3 weeks ago and this is the today was the first time since then I checked. Just to many things on my plate to keep remembering to check the forum's.

--Greg
Shane Weatherill

Post by Shane Weatherill »

Greg is correct. The forum will not automatically inform you of new Topics, but it can inform you when one you've posted to has had a reply. For now, the only way to identify new Topics is to visit the forum and look for the yellow markers.